Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Leinie's Revenge

Hot Dog and I had the privilege of introducing our co-worker Tim around Stony Creek for his first taste of Singletrack goodness last Friday evening. Armed with a brand new Giant Revel, a helmet and a water bottle, Tim set off to with HD to meet me at "the big hole in the fence" at Stony. With a lap already in me, I wandered around the back roads for a bit before catching the awesome tHD jersey comin' my way.


After a short hello, we were on the 2-track headed towards the Pines section of the trail. I took the lead, keeping a slower pace to make sure our "virgin of the singletrack" wasn't sacrificed to the Stony Creek gods too early on. After a few minutes, it was apparent that we needed to step up the pace because it looked like Tim was on my wheel and ready for a real challenge.



We spit back out onto the 2-track before climbing back up "The Snake". It was at this point where Tim got his first taste of climbing hills. He dug deep, muscled through and made it to the top of the climb just in time for a beautiful view of HD suffering from what I like to call "Leinie's Revenge." This, of course, is a condition in which your mountain biking skills suffer due to one-too-many Leinenkugels Octoberfests before a ride.


After a well needed rest by both Tim and HD, we headed down the "Roller Coaster" Section. For a beginner, Tim handled the coasters pretty well, only falling down once, but didn't even draw blood, so that doesn't count. We took down the remaining miles of the trail before completing the loop. Tim and HD headed back towards downtown Rochester while I rolled back to the parking lot for some well deserved Advil.


I finished up the night with a little over 18 miles, a Dave and Amy's Burger and a couple of Sam Adams Octoberfest. As for Tim, he rocked Stony Creek and I think he's hooked on this Mountain Biking thing. I'm pretty sure that we have a future Hot Dogger on our hands, Folks! All in favor???

- Steve

2 comments:

  1. LOL
    I can't tell you how many times I've seen Hot Dog look like that!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/larrythebiker/19907512/in/photostream/

    ReplyDelete