Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Operator Error

If you live in Michigan, it's January and 45 Degrees outside, you find a way to get on your bike! So David and I agreed to meet at Proud Lake for an easy bike ride. This nice 15 mile backroad ride was the perfect opportunity for me to try some new camera angles, test out the new helmet mount and see what this thing could really do.


So off we go and everything is progressing nicely. The mount is placed on the fork and it's recording...All of a sudden, this A-Hole in an Audi comes ripping around the corner and almost clocks us. I thought to myself "phew, well at least I got that on tape!"

We make our way to the Milford trails and decide to test out the Singletrack and see how muddy it is. I let David get in front of me for some video goodness, he finds the first mud-hole and goes down hard. He's ok, so then I think "Awesome, I got that on tape!" We continue down the paved trail, since the singletrack was sloppy and when we're getting closer to the famous Milford Burger Joint, I decide to do an on-the-bike interview with David and he throws out an Epic one-liner. Got that on tape as well!


We roll back towards Proud Lake and somehow manage to actually get STUCK IN A GRAVEYARD. We literally could not find out how to get out of this place and I am thinking to myself..."Yeah this is going to be EPIC film!"

As we get closer to the end of our ride, I decide to toss the camera on the helmet mount and fire it up...Some older Nobs in Kayaks are hitting on David and myself...Oh yeah, all caught on Camera!


...Or So I Thought :(

First 8 Minutes is about all I got. Somehow the battery must have died or something went terribly wrong. David, you are one lucky S.O.B. because that might have gone down as one of the funniest rides ever caught on camera!

- Coach

2 comments:

  1. Nice write up Coach. Looks like you two enjoyed the nice weather. Luck outs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super bummed that the video didn't turn out. It was a fun ride. I just finished my laundry. I was a bit muddy after the fall. I also promised Steve I'd crash again on Sunday to make up for the lost footage.

    ReplyDelete