Friday, August 10, 2012

Specialized Carve

Well it happened..... I hit puberty as well as upgraded. You can be happy for for me in one or both areas.  Rather than going to a 2010 Niner EMD frame or Specialized Rockhopper, I decided to skip a few ranks and go with the 2012 Specialized Carve and I must say it was an excellent choice. I may have spent more than I wanted but I was taking the advice of Jeff Cooper Jeff Cooper.  It feels alot lighter and it just has a better feel to it.


Look at that beauty.....

Shimano Hydraulic Disc Brakes...I'm not used to the wider handle bars but I was told to give it a try and I did notice that I had alot more control but it did add some stress to the forearms. I a debating maybe cutting a 1/2 to 1 inch off each side. I also still have my old Thompson stem and monkey lite handlebar I could put on there.

 Nice Rock Shox lockout fork...29 x 2.1

Shimano XT Shadow

On the maiden voyage she handled great. At one point I forgot how awesome the brakes are and went over the handlebars but that's neither here nor there. All in all its a nice ride and cant wait to pop its group ride cherry.

Thanks to all that assisted.  Good luck at Ore to Shore tHD.

Nobs.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment