Wednesday, April 24, 2013

It's Hot Dog Season

It's Hot Dog season folks, spring has arrived. I know it might not seem like it, but trust me, it's here. I for one, have a lot of work to do. The winter doldrums encased in beer drinking, intense couch sessions, and reruns of Mork and Mindy have taken their toll. To make matters worse, I signed up for the Lumberjack 100.

So what exactly is the Lumberjack 100? I have no idea. However, when guys like Coach, and the effervescent Shaun Welch say it's hard, I know I'm f%$*^d six ways til Sunday. I only have 171.7 miles under my belt year to date. The race itself is more than half that total. Of course, you could have probably done that math yourself. Regardless, it's pitiful and I just punched myself in the nuts.

Goal setting is hard to do at this point since I have no idea what to expect other than an ass whooping. Of course my goal has always been just to finish regardless of what place. While I certainly hope to achieve that, shitting the bed is entirely possible after the first lap.

Anyway, spring has arrived and you'll be seeing all of your favorite wieners at a race, trail, dirt road, paved road, railroad crossing, donut shop, bar, or backyard bbq near you very soon.

Ride bikes, drink beer.

Sincerely,
DLC

1 comment:

  1. Good post DLC... This spring has sucked big time. I've been holed up pretty good for over 2 weeks with a sinus infection/nasty cold. Hoping it is gone soon, and I'm riding a shit ton this weekend. MSB next week!!

    ReplyDelete