Sunday, October 31, 2010

Cross dresser update

Been doing a little cross racing the last few weeks. I can see why JRAD loves it so much. The races are torture.. In a good way, but its the atmosphere that is the best. Great to finish up your race and watch the others suffer, usually while consuming some free food or beer! The free brats, burgers and Jolly Pumpkin yesterday at the Vets park race were awesome!

As for the race, I had the smart idea to race both "C" and singlespeed, and JRAD followed suit. The "C" race was pretty un-eventful for the most part, from the start I was disconnected from the leaders, and racing a guy who was about to blow up, he crashed, never seen him again. From here I would ride alone for a couple laps, until the last when I was racing hard to keep a couple guys behind me. I held them off and it turns out they were 40+ anyway. Ended up finishing 11th of 23 or so I think.

Then came the singlespeed race. Changed numbers, warmed up in the Element, and froze standing on the start line waiting for it to start. Had no power on the first 2 laps, watched 3 of the 6 singlespeeders ride away. After lap 3 or so I warmed up a bit, caught one of them and finished third. I was closing in on Jay Jones but he was still a long way ahead of me. I was glad to get lapped by the eventual "B" winner toward the end of the 6th lap. The course had a long run-up and a couple of short steep climbs that were wearing on me, didnt really want to do the 7th.

After, it was brats, beer and spectating. The weather was cold but sunny. The wind was horrible while riding but the free beer more than made up for it!

Until Iceman...

No comments:

Post a Comment