Sunday, May 1, 2011

Beam Me Up, JRAD!

Since most of my tHD brethren wussed out on the 2nd Annual N.O.S.S. Gravel Grinder, you're all stuck reading my awesome blog post about my thrilling Sunday Hines Drive with JRAD. In short, it was beyond expectations...ESPECIALLY the part where JRAD was nearly assaulted by a Flying Saucer. He didn't see it because he was tucked in a sweet-azz aero position cruising down one of the biggest hills in Hines Drive...but some hippie Frisbee golf player apparently had too much of the wacky tabakee and sent his disk shaped golf ball flying over Hines Drive and almost right into jrad`s noggin. Here is what it looked like from my angle:



Most of Hines Drive was blocked off due to flooding but we didn't really have much of a problem with the water. Otherwise, it was an uneventful roll. I am fat and out of shape and the countdown to our Pisgah trip has begun. If you want some sweet blog photos and exciting stories, you already know this is not your lucky day. In closing, I would like to caution you all to either wash your brand new biking shorts or apply generous amounts of Chamois Butt'r before riding. OUCH!

- Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment