Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tour De Cure 2012


I am excited to announce that once again, Team Hot Dog will be joining the American Diabetes Association for the 2012 Tour De Cure. On June 9, 2012, I will be riding 62 miles for this excellent cause. I know that participation has been dropping over the last few years and that it's most likely due to the fact that some of you just don't like the fundraising portion, but I urge you to reconsider. For all of the debauchery that Team Hot Dog gets into, I think this is a perfect opportunity to balance ourselves out with Karma.

The route I chose to ride is a 62 mile stroll through Brighton, Chelsea and the Potowatomi. The traffic is always light and the pace is about the same. There are mountain bike routes and shorter/longer road routes too if you would like. Oh and there's always that cool trip to hell...I mean, who wouldn't want to experience the thrill of rollin' in a Wiener Jersey down the Highway to Hell? Or a Sasquatch sighting?


Last year, Team Hot Dog was one of the Top Fundraisers for the Tour De Cure. I would like to repeat that this year, but more importantly, I'm hoping to see more of you guys out there with me! It's a great cause, a great day on the bike and they serve Carrabbas to us afterwards!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. The link to join the team is here: http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR/TourdeCure/MichiganArea?team_id=532741&pg=team&fr_id=8043

Thank You!

- Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment