Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Team Hot Dog shorts beta test..

Initially I wasnt going to ride tonight. My back was sore from diving on balls (soccer) last night, but after working on my builds for a while, and with the temp being 72 degrees, I had to do it. As I dug into my dresser of nothing but spandex, I decided to give the new tHD shorts a go. Pulling then on I noticed the legs were nice and tight, just how I like them, yet the crotchial region was just right. Not too firm, not so loose, just the right amount of sqeeze and support. Like a good handshake. From there, admiring them in the mirror, anyone who has ridden behind me in the champ sys shorts will be happy to know that tHD shorts cover my crack completely. You will no longer feel like you are behind a plumber after recieving his 2nd DUI, being forced to ride a bike. Full coverage.

From there I hopped on the Niner, rolled out to PL for what was going to be a moderate lap. Then it happened. Rolling through the lot, I see the normal 10-12 people doing more talking than riding, gasping at the awesomeness that is the tHD shorts. 2 attractive young MTB girls were shouting rather inappropriate but welcome phrases my way (hey its my fantasy) and instantlyI felt like Superman, only in a cooler outfit. After clearing the womens underwear (and one pair of BVD's, not cool) from my face I hit the trail. I noticed over the first few bumps the gooch pad seems exceptional. A different covering than I have used in the past, but very gentle. No sliding what so ever, which should eliminate chafing, but the real joy came from how well they protected the taint area. Not stinging on the sharp bumps, no awkward bunching, just good support you would expect in a very high dollar short, at the fraction of the cost. Kind of like Filet Mignon at the cost of a hot dog.

At the end of the ride I was feeling good, no pains, chafing or discomfort, just good clean support. Not to rough, not too gentle. They helped me throw down my fastest lap of the year, 42:51 after eating 2 cheeseburgers, so it must be the shorts. Wasnt my skills, I hit everything!

Shaun




2 comments: