Sunday, September 19, 2010

30 minutes? Piece of cake... Crappy cake.

Decided to do something with my Sunday and hit Waterford Hill for a little cyclocross action. I have a love/hate relationship with the cross racing. Love it when I am not racing, hate it when the gun goes off.

Raced in the C race, sat second wheel into the first corner and was content hanging there for a while. Stayed with the couple leaders for about a lap and a half, maybe 2 laps, then quickly started fading, finished 6th. Out of gas. My brain was telling my legs to go, legs were telling my brain to F-off.

Gave it a go, not too bad, will probably hit a few more, I feel like total ass right now, just beat. You wouldnt think 30 minutes would hurt so bad... Time for an Oktoberfest and bed. Oooff.

Looking forward to the next one though. I feel they make me stronger on the bike. After I get back from Moab, I want to hit the one in Linden on the 17th of Oct. Not sure why...

-Shaun

1 comment:

  1. Even crappy cake is good cake....Congrats on finishing strong! I added a few photos

    ReplyDelete