Friday, July 29, 2011

Tour de Troit



Yo. What up?! So, I got an email today from the Tour de Troit people letting me know that registration is open for business, for this year's fun ride through the Motor City. The event is slated for Saturday, September 24 and takes off at 8am sharp. If you register before August 1st (which is only a few short days away), the price will be discounted (it's now $35, but will go up). Included in the price is a snazzy t-shirt, which I missed out on last year so I might do it up to get the shirt.

The link for registration of this fine event can be found [here].

My accounts of last year's experience can be found [here].

Even though my average speed for the ride was a whopping 9.1 mph, this was honestly one of the coolest things (next to the Iceman, lol) I've ever done on two wheels. I hope we get a good gang together for the ride. Just was sweet to do something different. I might try fastening a boom box to my handlebars, so yes, I'm taking requests... let me know what you want the rest of Detroit to jam as tHD pimps on through.... Kid Rock, Too Short, Barry Manilow, whatever. Perhaps a stop at our favorite hole in Mexicantown could be arranged as well...? Just throwing it out there.

That's it for now. Hope you kids are all prepping for O2S. Kisses.

5 comments:

  1. On no other ride will you ever hear "Hey look at all the white people!" Can't agree more about how cool this ride is and how all the proceeds to this ride go to bike-related improvements for "The D"

    Count me in...Hoping the wife will be in as well. oh and John...Please, for the love of Dog, do not bring a boom-box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in. This will be my first time to detroit where I haven't repo'd a car in quite a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, David it will be the 30 miler.

    No boombox coach?? I thought it would be fun. That chick that was rolling with one last year, that looked pretty cool. Oh well, it's like 2 months away. I'm just hoping Mexicantown is in the forecast that day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, maybe you should bring a ghetto-blaster instead.

    ReplyDelete