Sunday, October 30, 2011

Vet's Park CX Day 1 & 2

Never before had the words "FREE BEER" been so important in my development as a Cyclocross Racer. In my quest for mid-pack C Class domination, I have somewhat lost that lovin' feeling for Cyclocross racing. I really could have stayed home, slept in, had a big breakfast and enjoyed a nice weekend. Perhaps I'm "brunt out?" But, with Iceman just one week away, I had to make sure my legs and my liver were in proper shape.

Anyhow, Day #1 was awful. I just plan didn't want to be on the bike. I managed to avoid the dreaded DFL, but not by much. We had some free beer and burgers, which were about the only bright side to the whole experience. Had my Halloween party, got home around 11ish at night and planned to head back for redemption the next morning.

Day #1 Results - Click Here!

Day #2 was mostly the same course setup but in reverse. Toss in a little rain from the night before, a heavy frost on the ground, pudding-like climbs and a slight hangover. I felt much better throught the 4 laps both mentally and physically and eeeked out a 13th place finish. Good enough to consider the ship righted for Iceman!

Day #2 Results - Click Here!

So anyhow, that's my story and I hope you enjoyed it. I went through a lot of pain to bring this tale of awesomeness...Bring on the Cheeky Shenanigans for Iceman!




- "Coach"

No comments:

Post a Comment