Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sad Day For Cycling

Hot off the presses from Cyclingnews.com

JEFF COOPER ANNOUNCES HIS RETIREMENT FROM PROFESSIONAL CYCLING

The Jeff Cooper cycling camp released the following statement:

After long deliberation I sadly announce my retirement from the competitive ranks of cycling. After my fine performance at last Saturday's Vet's park race which was then followed by many Jolly Pumpkins I realized that it is much better to go out on top. There was no single event that had lead to this decision. Well maybe just one, that last Jolly Pumpkin. I woke up Sunday morning with the race bike lubed and ready to go. At that point I realized that my heart just was not into the ranks of competitive cycling.

I look at races like Iceman and just realized that I would rather sit on my couch and get fat drinking Fat Tires.

We at Cyclingnews.com are deeply sadden by this decision and know that the world of cycling is reeling. In releated statements concerning this decision Sven Nys said the following:

Mr Cooper was a fierce competetor. I never had the chance to race against him (since I would only be racing As) but if we had I know that we would have done battle.



In related statements from Frank and Andy Schlek said: Jeff Cooper was one tough racer. He will certaintly be missed in the back "C" class peleton. I am sure that Carbon Zipps is releaved by this news.



We all here at Cyclingnews.com wish Jeff the best in his retirement. We all know that Team Hot Dog will be shocked and amazed by the events that have occurred today.

3 comments:

  1. So, wait? That's it, no more bike races Cooper? I sure hope not. It's the end of the year buddy, everyone is deflated. I hope to see you at Barry Roubaix!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Awesome post, Cooper! I welcome your triumphant return to the sport of Cycling after months, weeks, days or hours of time off and offer my superior skills as team "coach" when you're ready to train again on the biggest hills in michigan or perhaps some 12/24oz curls at the local Buffalo Wild Wings...Until then, WRONG THE SHIP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckily ( will not have to deal with Jeff Cooper at the back of the over 40 C cyclocross peleton.

    ReplyDelete