Sunday, March 28, 2010

BRB

What better way to spend a Saturday than with a little bit of pain and 600 to 700 of your friends. That's what Barry Roubaix was. True to its word it was a killer gravel road race for me. The day started out with one large mass start and one of the loudest blowouts that I have ever heard as someones tubless tire blew. The roll out was approximately two miles and then started the hills. I realized at this point how out of shape I was when we took a left hand turn into a two track Jeep trail. Then came the hills, lots and lots of hills. I felt fairly good until mile 30 when I began to cramp but I pressed on and finished the 35 mile course and gave a fine last place finish in the sport singlespeed class. The only downer for the day was the raffle organization and the line for the hot dogs.

Barry will be on the schedule from here on out.

1 comment:

  1. Great write-up! BTW, What gear were you running? Hope your folks didn`t beat you up too much afterwards...

    ReplyDelete