Saturday, April 10, 2010

Hot Dog's Gravel Grinder 30

Well... what was supposed to be at least a 50 mile ride, turned into 30 for ol HD. The Jake the Snake was a great choice, however, attempting to ride in the first ever Gravel Grinder 100 with a tad over 120 miles under my belt for the year was not. My 15 mile ride alone back to the parking lot wasn't too bad. It turned out to be a nice day. I hope you guys are enjoying yourselves... you're probably around mile 60 as I type this. I'm still glad I went, and gave it a shot. Just gave me the motivation I need to up my game for Pisgah... which is only 5 weeks away! I am really going to miss the fun at the Mexican restaraunt, but hey, maybe another time right? Here are some pics from this morning:


Riders meeting before the event starts


3/4 of the founding fathers of tHD


Heading on out

Grinding gravel...

2 comments:

  1. Glad you showed up and gave it a whirl! If you thought the first 15 miles were rough, you would have LOVED the next 35! There were sections there where I questioned my sanity...But, like you said, awesome day, you got 30 miles in and some good pictures!

    ReplyDelete