Saturday, April 17, 2010

My Dogs Are Frozen...

While scarfing down my french toast this morning and getting ready for our ride out to Holdridge, my phone buzzed. I knew who it was. "We Still On?" It was Hot Dog. I replied "As far as I know! I'm still going! Dress Warm!" 30 Minutes or so later, the driveway was filled with Spandex and bikes. The look on all of our faces was priceless when it started to snow but we had come this far and nobody wanted to be the one to back down now!

So off we rolled, headed towards PLRA on our way to the Biggest Hill in Michigan. The wind was brutal in the usual areas around Pontiac Lake, but not a huge factor once we were on the dirt roads. Once we turned on to Pontiac Lake Road, the Biggest Hill in Michigan immediately gobbled up Myroo's PC1 chain. After some superior mechanics by JRAD, we were back on our way.

As the miles ticked by, we went through periods of sleet, hail, snow and rain. There was no question that we were all cold, just a matter of who would be the smartest one out of us all to recognize our insanity and turn back. While waiting up for JRAD and Julie, my phone rang and they were heading back home. I immediately thought "Not without me!" and after a unanimous decision by John and Myroo, we were in Hot Pursuit!

In our quest to find the quickest route home, we snuck through the back of Indian Springs Metropark (AKA Native American Springs Metropark). Rolled down White Lake Rd., Teggerdine and then to Gale Rd. before heading back to the house for a little over 42 miles. Despite us all being totally frozen, it was an "Awesome Training Ride!"

- Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment