Saturday, June 11, 2011

tHD Cures Diabetes Again!


For a second year in a row, Team Hot Dog has raised over $1,000 for the American Diabetes Association in it's quest to cure the dreaded Diabetes. David, James and I spent months hassling our friends, family members and co-workers for donations and my thanks goes out to all of you who gave in to our repeated requests and donated.

In true tHD fashion, I forgot my cycling shoes and ended up delaying our start about 45 minutes. With the threat of severe weather in the air, James and I considered switching to the 35 mile route but decided to stay the course. Once on the road, we had a challenging time navigating the 65 mile lap due to the extremely poor signage. The weather wasn't much of a factor apart from a little mist and fog but the sun finally came out for the last 20 miles. The highlight of the day had to be our time in Hell (and the puns that followed). The highway to hell, the ringing of Hell`s Bells when we arrived, being tired as hell, and the big hill from hell that we had to climb just to name a few!

All in all, we pedaled just over 71 miles (bonus miles from being lost) and enjoyed the traditional Carabbas post ride meal. It always feels great to cross the finish line and to have everyone cheering for you. The event had some flaws this year (poor signage being the biggest) but I have a feeling that I'll be back for another ride! I hope you consider joining us...

- Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment