Saturday, August 20, 2011

Niner Poto Shakedown Ride: To Hell and Back

First things first... thank God I'm posting, so that some other hideous photo kind of moves down the blog. Thanks again Shaun.

Today, I was joined by two other founding fathers of THD at the Poto. They joined me to break in my new Niner EMD. If you are going to ride a new mountain bike for the first time, Poto isn't a bad way to go. In fact, in SE Mich, it might be the best way to go... so nobs to that! The trail kicked my ass. I was very slow. I bonked halfway through the ride. Pretty much bonked cause I might have righted the ship a little too much this week, and didn't give myself enough calories to hammer the trail today. Oh well. The bike itself kicks ass. For the first mile I was out there, the bike seemed to float over everything. Once I settled down, the ride was ok. I have to get used to the new geometry, as well as some other things, but once I do, I think this Niner will be ridiculous.



Halfway through the ride, Coach wanted to take a few mile detour, and check out Hell, so Jrad and I obliged. Below are a few pics from Hell:


Shaun, cause you weren't with us, I specifically chose this shot for you... cause of the NOBS!


No words are needed for this, this is classically AWESOME!

And to cap things off, I had mentioned some cute little Internet video that is a few years old... I think you guys will enjoy all the "bang bang bang!" Check it out!





No comments:

Post a Comment