Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ore 2 Shore: Train Saturday, Recover Sunday

First up, Saturday, park downtown by Rochester mills like we did with HD that one time years ago, and roll either the PCT or the back roads to Lake Orion where we can ride my Tuesday ride. (http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/14908990) Planning a start time of 9am. (or earlier if you want) The pace will be fairly brisk. Bring your man pants. Its hilly. There will be no whining, no quitting... Just a steady tempo ride at a honest, I almost want my mommy pace.... It will not be for the weak. Not a puke fest but no burger roll either...

Which brings me to Sunday... For whoever wants to venture out this way, a nice easy recovery ride to Milford for some sweat single track (I found the actual trailhead) and recovery cheeseburgers. At one local teams recovery pace its only about an hour and 5 minutes to downtown, half hour or so of trail, then a recovery cheeseburger and a ride home that will be nice and easy. It's exactly 40 miles from my house, including the trail. Keep the HR down is the theory here. Until you start digesting a double patty fungus burger and a load of fries. Or if we are not in the mood for burgers, margaritas and burritos.

Let me know.

5 comments:

  1. You're doing the Milford trail that goes around Hubble Pond on Sunday? I was thinking about riding Proud Lake and do the Kennsington connector but don't know how much gas I'll have in the tank by the time I get to the Milford trail head. Let me know what time and perhaps I'll meet you at the baseball diamonds if that is indeed the trail head you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on attending both. I could get spit off the back on Saturday though, just wait for me... unless that's not cool. I won't be whining though.

    I'm thinking 2 loops at PLRA tomorrow evening if anyone is down...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes David that is the trail. If we leave at 1030 we will be there around 1140.

    John you will be fine. Good solid effort, no man left behind. Sunday will be nice and easy, quite a joy really. Nobs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I`m in for both days...The Burger Joint won't know what hit 'em on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, possibly join in on both days but may have to pass as the trek to Grand Haven is still on the table for the weekend. Will let you know.

    ReplyDelete