Sunday, February 13, 2011

Brains!

It's been a long month away from my newly acquired Epic 29er. While she was back at Specialized H.Q. receiving a brain transplant, I sat at home alone dreaming of warmer weather and the good times we would have when we were to be reunited. One night, things got so bad that I caught myself reading the Specialized Bicycle Owners Manual, GAH!!! After a few stiff drinks and a self-inflicted slap in the face, I quickly came back to my senses.

Eventually, I got the call from my Cycletherapists that my fork had come back from its brain surgery and I could come and pick it up! I spent the first evening getting reacquainted with my two-brained beauty by giving her some new Shimano XT SPD pedals. The wife was a little suspicious of the grunting that was going on in the basement but I assured her that they came from extracting the cheap-azz basket-pedals that were superglued onto the bike and I had the scars to prove it!


Jrad was in the area on Saturday so he decided to swing by and check out the bike for the first time. We decided to install the new hydration system that I picked up from VelEau. When I first saw this system, I was eager to test it out to see if there was a way to eliminate the need for a camelback on longer rides/races.


The setup was super simple, minus a moment involving the buckle on the seat bag that made me wish I had a brain of my own! I think overall, it took us 5 minutes to setup and tweak. I`m really looking forward to doing some longer rides and testing this setup out. The biggest bonus is taking some of that weight of the camelback off my back.


Anyhow, it looks like things are starting to warm up slightly. Barry Roubaix is creeping up on us fast so stay tuned to the blog for some tHD training ride announcements!


Think Spring!


- Steve

2 comments:

  1. Cant believe you took it out and got something on it wet besides the seat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brains sweetness, not a bike suspension zombie no more!. Need to clear out the cobwebs in mine.

    ReplyDelete