Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Gravel Goodness Jr.

So last night I took off on a ride that was posted by fellow biking friend Brian Bratney. I decided in the beginning to cut some mileage off of the ride due to the head wind that I would be facing on the way home. I invited my other Hot Dog teammates to join me but alas I had no takers so I went it alone.

On the way out the ride was fun and spirited. Saw a lot of area that I have never seen before and found some new gravel roads to appreciate. Not a lot of climbing on the route but I rode some well groomed gravel roads. Then I started to head north. I knew this would be a problem from the start of the ride. As I made that fateful left hand turn onto I was met with a strong head wind. At times a gust would hit me and it felt as if I was standing still. I would then pick up speed again and it would start all over again. Looking forward to this ride again, maybe next time I will do the entire route.

I am thinking ILRA tomorrow nite if there is any interest.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/78892973

3 comments:

  1. I'm bummed I missed this but maybe we can try it out some other night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FWIW, I`m getting a "You do not have sufficient privileges to view the activity with id 78892973" when I click on your garmin link...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you had no takers on your last ride. You lost my interest when you mentioned "spirited pace". You need to be sneaky like Steve and say it'll be easy and then I'm just screwed 10 miles in.

    ReplyDelete