Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Neon Couch

If you would have told me @ 6am this morning that I was going to be out riding two laps at Hickory Glenn later on in the day, I would have slapped your face and called you a liar! Driving into work, I had to fight the brutally frigid arctic winds just to keep the poor CR-V on the road. At noon, on my way to Famous Dave's for a protein sandwich and fries, I was greeted by more wind and everybody's favorite four-letter-word....SNOW! After some post-lunch emails with Shaun, I was dead-set on not riding this evening.... Well, I guess you know the rest of the story since you already read that first half of the blog post. It's been years since I rode Hickory Glenn and even though it's not one of the more challanging trails in SE Michigan, it perked up my heart-rate and caused me to say "Wheeeee!" a few times. It was my first Singletrack ride with the Neon Couch, as I`m now calling the new Specialized Epic since it feels like I'm on a couch when I ride that thing. I almost felt bad for Shaun, who was riding his Rigid Niner Singlespeed with some ungodly huge gear ratio. I even offered to let him test ride, but the skulls (see photo) would not let him. Anyways, it turned out to be a nice day to get a few miles in! Roadhouse! -Steve

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant pet name for a bike coach! When I think "Neon Couch", gay bar comes to mind, but hey, to each his own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look like I am pushing out a fart... I very well could have been...

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yea, that 36x16 gear sucked! Hopefully my Stealth Sofa will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, the Stealth Sofa is a good name....Nobody knows where it is or when it'll get here :)

    ReplyDelete