Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Kensington Rd. Hill Sausagefest

To help usher in Spring and the 2011 riding season, don your favorite Team Hot Dog sausage casings and join us this Saturday @ 11am @ Kensington Metropark. We'll be starting the suffering at the first large parking lot off the Kensington Road entrance. If you don't know where that is, let me know!

Our goal is to hammer out 30ish miles on mainly paved roads in preparation for Barry-Roubaix. Yes, we will be climbing one of the "Biggest Hills In Michigan", Kensington Road Hill. Road Bike, Cyclocross Bike, Mountain Bike, Recumbents....wait, no Recumbents please! Roll whatever you want, we're not going to be pushing the pace too bad. This will be a no-drop ride so don't worry about being the slow guy....that title is reserved for yours truly.

RSVP in the condiments section below or on our Facebook page so we know to keep our eyes peeled for ya. Keep an eye on the weather as it might change. If we do get rain, we may consider moving it to Sunday....Stay Tuned!

- Coach Steve

8 comments:

  1. I'll be there, but only if it's pretty outside. And the parking lot, is it the big one for car poolers outside park. Or is it actually inside park?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the parking lot on the Kensington Road side, after you pass the Golf Course. If you don`t have a parking pass, one of us can pick you up at the park-and-ride if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm good. I have to get a park sticker anyway. I golf the metro parks and I have a nut ton of two for one passes to use because I tricked the metro park booth at the golf show. I brought disguises and managed to get 7 passes before they got wise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have no idea what parking lot you are referring to...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot Dog, just come to my house and I`ll drive the rest of the way....Problem Solved, BAM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will not be at the parking lot. Leaving this morning for Asheville have two bikes loaded and ready to go. Have a fun ride.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should be there, my dad will be down too so he may roll as well.

    ReplyDelete