Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Sunday In the Park

Well since it seems as if Steve and JRAD were doing their best imitation of snobby elitist roadies today. Below is a reconnaissance photo I got from Steve and JRAD's ride. Notice the shaving of the legs and the skin suits obvious signs of their transgression to the dark side.





This left me to rolling my knobby tired one geared bike by myself. I left out of my drive way today with the hopes of getting in 40 miles. I grabbed the wife's Garmin, strapped it on, and off I went into the beautiful Sunday weather. The Weather Channel promised me a peak of sun and a high temperature of 37, my ass. What I found was cold weather and at times I was pelted with ice pellets and no sun. Not many people were out to brave the elements except for the die hard tennis players that I saw at the West Bloomfield hunt Club.
Here you see a young lady having to clear the snow from the court before she could start her match.



Once clear the action began


The only other highlight to the ride was being buzzed by the West Bloomfield SUV police cruiser

All in all I put in just a hair under the 40 miles (37.22) that I was shooting for. I somehow only managed 550 feet of elevation gain. Damn Michigan is flat. Somehow I need to find the 2200 feet of climbing that is promised at Barry.

By the way don't forget to sign up for Grab an Ass Week on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/event.php?eid=122850304427097&index=1

1 comment:

  1. I knew it was only a matter of time before somebody posted male nudity on the blog...Just never thought it would be Myroo! Anywho, yeah sorry again for the diss...I blame JRAD.

    ReplyDelete