Monday, March 14, 2011

Proposed Wuss Training Ride

I'm doing a Wuss Training ride later this week. Mostly likely I'll go twice because I'm feeling froggy with all the nice weather coming our way. I want to go Thursday afternoon and again over the weekend. This will be a sub 30 mile ride. My plan is to start at Milford MTB trail head at the baseball field. I'll then ride up to the YMCA and take the paved pathway around hubble pond, along the huron river and into kennsington where I'll then ride around Kent Lake and make my way back to the trailhead where I parked. I'm not sure how many miles this will amount to. My goal was something around Barry Roubaix distance and this should be about right. I am doing the 23miler after all. I suspect this ride will be right around 25. Anyone who wants to tag along let me know. Or if you have better plans for a weekend ride let me know as well. I'm a hot mess so if it's over 30 I'll probably need an adrenaline shot at about 15 miles.

5 comments:

  1. We are planning on a Saturday ride @ Kensington, was planning on posting up all the details tonite or tomorrow. Weather looks good, so we'll put you somewhere in the 20/30 mile Barry Roubaix range. Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something like this - http://connect.garmin.com/activity/26249387 minus the ILRA road section (unless you want to!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's similar to what I've done in past minus the Kennsington and Hyne road. I usually avoid the roads because I don't like people making fun of my spandex and throwing empty beer cans at me. It's happened. Then I hear them shout "Fag!" as a beer can bounces off my helmet. Anyway, we'll see how it goes. Won't know until I start pedaling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strength in numbers....we'll have beer cans to throw back at them :) It's generally safe out there....So get ready and I`ll bring you your spandex kit. Oh, and Get ready to climb Kensington Road Hill!

    ReplyDelete
  5. John, maybe you are that in shape. You just need to adjust your heart rate limits on the garmin. I think it might be misprogramming in the new garmin.

    ReplyDelete